From:
Arthur Mintz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 91 08:10:52 EST
On Wed, 30 Jan 91 01:58:29 EDT Robin Lock said:

>   In defense of Malinowsky several rumors have floated around campus since
>the game - (a) it was his first game as a referee (at least in the ECAC).
>(b) he was in an auto accident on his way to SLU - totalling his car and
>(c) he suffered a concussion and refereed the game anyway.  I have no idea
>if any are accurate.

Can't tell you about b) or c), but I know a) isn't true, as John
Malinosky refereed a Cornell game at Lynah Rink a couple of months
ago (sorry, don't remember which one and don't have my records here
so I can't look it up), and actually did one of the better officiating
jobs we've seen this year. A lot better than Tim MacConaghy did last
night at the Cornell-BC game, which BC won, 5-4. Cornell fell behind
3-0 early in the second period, rallied to tie the game at 3-3,
then the teams traded goals before BC's David Franzosa got the game
winner midway through the third period. David Emma had two goals for
BC. Ryan Hughes scored all of Cornell's goals. The key to the game
was the power play (fueled by some of MacConaghy's strange calls and
some stupid Cornell penalties). BC converted 3 of 6 chances.