From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1993 09:46:22 -0500
> -Why were the famed ECAC duo of Ammian and Hearn chosen for the HONOR of
> officiating a National Championship.  They did much better than in the
 Colgate-
> RPI series, only because they were consistent.  It is hard not to be if you
> call NOTHING on either team.  They are still awful.  Does anyone know of the
> selection process for choosing Officials, why did they get to do TWO games?
> The WCHA pair Shepard and ??? I thought did a nice job.

The other WCHA ref was Brian (?) Ricci. He did a terrible job in the
semi-final. I thought Sheperd did a good job. I have no idea why they
paired Ricci with Shep.... I don't think they worked as a pair during
the regular season. Jim Berlew would have been a better choice...

According to Charlie Shub (when we asked the same question between
periods Saturday), since the refs had to be either ECAC or WCHA, they
brought in one team from each league, and chose the better team based
on the semi-final games.

        --david

--------
david parter                            university of wisconsin -- madison
[log in to unmask]                           computer sciences department