From:
Terry Rosenbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry Rosenbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1993 15:28:51 EST
Tony Frolik writes:

>Erik B writes-
>> You left out Minnesota-Duluth.  Duluth is closer to Lake Superior than Big
>> Rapids or Kalamazoo are to Lake Michigan.

>Just as a note, the campus is about 2 miles from the Lake.

What about University of Illinois - Chicago ? Shouldn't they be
included as a "Great Lakes" team too? The UIC campus is also just a
couple of miles from Lake Michgan. And since Bowling Green is closer to
Lake Erie than Kalamazoo is to Lake Michigan (and closer than MSU is to
any Great Lakes) they get included too.

And then, I think Ithaca NY is rather close to a Lake Ontario, not much
further than I am from a great lake, so perhaps include Cornell too?

And oh yes, don't forget South Bend, Indiana -- thats rather close to
Lake Michigan too. So we add Notre Dame.

Hmmm. How many "Great Lakes teams do we have now ?

MTU + LSSU + NMU + UMD + FSSU + WMU + MSU + UofM +
UIC + BGSU + Cornell + UND + ??? (I've no doubt missed some ?) = at least 12.

Maybe its called the GLI because its *PLAYED* in the Great Lakes region,
and because you have to get invited to attend?

Just a thought.
-Terry