From:
Jon Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1993 13:07:11 EST
The comments about seeding to increase attendance jogged my memory a bit.  Last Sunday's Worcester Telegram & Gazette (a paper generally not suitable for wrapping any self-respecting fish.....but it's ours) had an article about the regionals.  According to Centrum officials they have sold over 5,000 tickets for each night.  They are reasonably please since that is roughly what Providence sold last year and this year's teams won't even be known until Sunday.

I'm not tremendously surprised by these figures.  Although the full six combatants won't be known until Sunday night I presume that a large number of BU and Maine fans already have tickets in hand (at least for Saturday night).  I'm still holding out hope for RPI....it seems highly probable that the winner of tomorrow's ECAC semi-final between RPI and Clarkson will get the 4th seed in the East (in fact, a subsequent victory in the final might even justify a case for 3rd seed).  I'm sure that either team will bring a substantial following to our little burgh.

--
Jon Greene
Data General Corp., Westboro, MA