From:
tony BU'92 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
tony BU'92 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1993 01:35:16 EST
A few opinions from an avid hockey fan on the All-HE teams

First of all, let me say that, on the whole, I agree with
the players selected, only three quibbles:

One minor quibble, I feel that Chris Imes of Maine should
be second team, not first, while Chris Theirin should
clearly be first (Providence).  I do, however, feel that
Imes is the 3rd best defenseman in the league.

Now, the major quibble:  What the heck is Kaj Linna (BU)
doing on second team, all Hockey East?!?
If Chris O'Sullivan had not broken his neck earlier this
year, Linna would not even be playing.  This was a vote
which clearly came from his offensive stats (22 assists),
and not from his defensive ability.
He never stays home at the point, gets beaten regularly,
hurts the team with stupid high stick/hooking penalties
once he is beaten.  He always looks like a forward lost
behind the blue-line, unsure of what he should do.  To
top it off, he never does any of the little things you
like to see defensemen doing that help you win games.

This was clearly a vote for statistics, not skill.

Just my humble opinion

Tony  BU'92