From:
tony BU'92 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
tony BU'92 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1993 18:29:57 EST
This is not meant as an insult to anyone, but I have
two questions.  The first is rhetorical.
1.  Who is staggering more right now, Harvard or Wisconsin?
2.  (please answer this)  What is wrong with Harvard and
  Wisconsin right now???  They are both very good and very
  talented teams who seem to be struggling a bit more than
  they should be right now.  I noticed in Richard Hungerford's
  write-up that Harvard had "confused lines" and had "lost
  their flow."  What, specifically, does anyone who has seen
  them recently think is going on?  Having clinched the ECAC,
  are they playing "not to lose" instead of trying to win?
  Would anyone who has seen Wisconsin lately please answer
  the same questions.  I have not seen them lately, and they
  are far too good of a team to be playing this badly.

Thank you

#2:
   I would not want to be New Hampshire this weekend.
   Merrimack is looking like a team on a mission right now.
   They have won the games they had to win down the stretch,
     and other teams (like B.C.) have lost the games they
     had to lose for Merrimack to avoid having to play
     Maine or Boston University in the first round.
   The big indicator is that this weekend, B.C. was beating
     Northeastern, then choked (sorry B.C. fans) and lost
     in overtime.  Merrimack, knowing that their destiny was
     now actually in their own hands, came back to upset
     UMass/Lowell in overtime.  If either game had been a
     tie, B.C. would have won out in the standings.  It may
     have been some luck, but Merrimack looks like they
     believe in themselves right now.  They look like R.P.I
     did last year in the ECAC's.

Boston University center Jacques Joubert, when it looked
  like BU was going to be playing Merrimack, yet it was still
  not certain (we're now playing B.C.):  "B.C. is a lot more
  talented, but Merrimack works harder."  "I'd rather play
  B.C."
Good luck Warriors, I won't be surprised to see you in the
  Garden.

Tony  BU'92