Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1993 09:01:09 EST
Greg writes:

>I think that the ECAC has quietly emerged as an extremely strong
>goaltenders' league, with, in addition to the above, Paul
>Spagnoletti, Vern Guetens, and Tripp Tracy also playing very well.
>I'm hoping that strong goaltending will backstop ECAC teams to some
>victories in the national tournament. Who can forget Chris
>Terreri's one man tear through the tourny in 1985?

Of course the flip side is that the offense in the ECAC is down this year.
There doesn't seem to be a lot of quality forwards out there--certainly not
the Joe Nieuwendyk (sp)/Joe Juneau types.  But as most coaches would agree, the
fastest way to the top is with a good defense.  And, even faster, good
goaltending.  IMHO the acid test for all goalies is the playoffs.  The Money
Goaltenders, like the Billy Smiths, the Chris Terreris or the Darren Puppas
make their mark in the post-season.  It's that ability to come to the top when
it counts, even if you have to slough off in the meaningless games, that makes
for a quality goalie.  Soucy's got his chance to show his stuff--that should
be the indicator of just how good he is.
                    _
            "NYS   // Hockey"
        Go 'Gate  //   Brian Morris
          Go RPI //      Albany, NY