From:
Tom Buskey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Buskey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1993 09:59:20 -0500
As a fan who has been to games w/ pep bands at Clarkson, RPI, and UVM and
to games w/o a band at Dartmouth I definatly prefer the bands.  A good pep
band works with the fans, encouraging cheering.  They also allow the other
band a fair chance.  Dartmouth has live music & most fans I know are just
annoyed at it.  Oops, I mean recorded music.

If you really wanna see great games w/ bands, the ECAC/HE playoffs in
Boston Garden have always been fabulous.  I swear the Garden would start
shaking during the championship games.  I can't imagine a decent playoff game
w/o a pep band.  Oh - yes I can - NHL games.  They play better, faster hockey,
but dammit they don't have spirit.  If you want that kind of a game, don't
go to a college game, go see the pros...
Tom Buskey   [log in to unmask]