From:
Kenny Zalewski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1993 06:52:40 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]> Scott Raymond
 <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I seem to recall a certain individual that sat about 5 seats to the left
>and one row down from me at RPI hockey games.  Every time a whistle was
>blown, and a call went against RPI, this fan (for certain, a fanatic at
>that point in time) ALWAYS made loud comments concerning the merit of a
>particular official being allowed to officiate (ie.  "Cerbo, you dumb
>piece of sh**!  What are you?  Blind?  You must have your head up your
>a**! etc., etc.")  And yet, this fan has now seen the light!  Yes, Dan
>Orchard-Hayes now understands that those people shouting after *EVERY*
>call that goes against their team are an annoyance to the rest of the
>crowd.

Hah!  :-)   That's because Dan is now a USA Hockey ref, and takes his
hockey much more seriously.  :)  Though Jim [Cerbo] is still a clown
on the ice.

At one recent game, Jim called two penalties at the same time, and his
arms started flailing as he got more and more excited.  The whole crowd
started laughing.  Then a guy in my section yelled out "buy low, sell high!"
Needless to say, we were all in hysterics.                 -- kennyz

--
Kenny Zalewski -- Computer Science Department; Intramural Department
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 83 Albright Court, Troy, NY, 12180