From:
"glenn W. Gale" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
glenn W. Gale
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1993 08:30:37 -0500
      A game which (IMHO) didn't deserve to go 60 minutes went 65 as Brown
and Clarkson skated to a 5-5 draw at the Cheel Arena in Potsdam, NY.
Brown 2 - 2 - 1 -- 5
CU    2 - 3 - 0 -- 5
The lackluster game was played before a sparse and relatively silent arena,
with most of the students still on break.  My friends and I made as much noise
as we could, but the band was sorely missed (it was eerie to hear muzak over
the P.A. in place of the noisy horns - the place seemed like a morgue - and
none of the usual "around the bowl and down the hole cheers for Brown").
Clarkson, playing without one of their top stars (Hugo Belanger) was fortunate
to come away with a point, though they had several chances to win in the OT.
I don't know what happened to the Clarkson team of the preseason polls.
Tonight's game seems a potentially scary prospect after Harvard's 10-4 drubbing
of SLU in Canton last night.  By the way, another score I heard which I haven't
seen posted is Cornell 4 - Vermont 3.
     A final note:  the officiating last night was (IMHO) awful.  Someone told
me the same referree called the NCAA final game in Albany and made plenty of
enemies with his poor performance.  Does anyone know more about this (if it's
true)?

Thanks,
-Glenn
  [D