From:
Terry Rosenbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry Rosenbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1992 09:31:54 EST
On Wed, 23 Dec 1992 at 08:05:34 EST
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> On the Nissan Jeep Classic:
> >Michigan State came in without their leading scorer Anson Carter who was out
> >with the flu, and Kent came in high after crushing BC in the opening round.
>
> Anson Carter Michigan State's leading scorer?

I believe that "Wubba" meant to say "leading scorer in the tournament" which
Anson Carter apparently was.

> Admittedly, I only see
> MSU 2-5 times a season, but I've never heard of the guy.  (At least, he
> hasn't made a lasting impression.)

Anson is a freshman. He's a very capable skater, fun to watch, and
has great potential. He scored his first collegiate goal in his first
collegiate game (home vs. Western Ontario). He's been coming on strong
lately. Stay tuned John, an perhaps he WILL make a "lasting impression"!

> Last I knew, Bryan Smolinski was
> State's leading scorer -- and a likely All-America & Hobey Baker
> candidate.  (Smolinski would rewrite the record book if he played
> against Michigan every weekend. :-)

True and True :).

> I only hope that losing to Kent doesn't fire up the Spartans for the
> GLI!  :-)

I sure hope it does!

-Terry

A Loyal Spartan Hockey Fan (and "M" grad, BTW).