Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1992 12:19:39 -0500
Pam comments on my report where I described Scott Bell and Steve Magnusson,
who rode their sticks the length of the ice after Bell scored in the third
period:
>I think it's worth noting that it was implied on the TV broadcast that the
>Gophers had been a little angry at some of St. Cloud's post-goal celebrations
>the night before, and that's what precipitated this.

That could very well be. I know that I have been personally annoyed at the
post-goal antics of the St Cloud players whenever we play them, here or in
St Cloud. They just get obnoxious and really try to rub it in. Unfortunately
for them, they make the Gopher players so angry that we have beaten them
EVERY time we have played them. Perhaps if they toned-down their celebrating,
they would have a chance to win one from us.

I'm not against a modest celebration after a goal is scored, and I do enjoy
seeing all the guys on the ice congratulating each other on a job well done.
And I don't think the Gophers went overboard on their celebrating, they were
trying to be funny and it was. The Huskies were so frustrated by the end of the
 game that any kind of celebration would have been seen as in poor taste.

Perhaps the Huskies should just treat the Gophers like any other WCHA team
they play and NOT place such importance on beating us, but on playing the best
that they can...they might even win one.

-Carol