From:
Stephen Leroy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Leroy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1992 16:57:02 -0800
Mike asks:

>Anyone know what the attendance was for any of the games?  It looked sparse
>as expected but better than last year's games which were played in front of
>a nearly empty house.

I saw in the LA Times today a figure above 5,000.  Don't have it with me,
so I cannot give a better number.  Needless to say, there were considerably
more people there for the Maine-LSSU game than for the Princeton-WMU game.
The good news is that many of the people there were youngsters---perhaps
a sign that there is a "Gretzky-generation" here in So.Cal.  Most were
Maine fans.

Also, the announcers were the regulars for the LA Kings, I believe.  Prior
to the tourny, they did a good job of advertising for the Freeze-Out during
the Kings games.

Happy holidays to all!

--
Stephen Leroy                                | Disclaimer:  Caltech knows
Division of Geological and Planetary Science | better than to take