From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1992 17:55:15 EST
This is great news and it will be interesting to see how it goes.  I'm sure
the game will draw very well at Alfond.  I was inspired by Wayne's post to
dig up some numbers on the AHCA all-star game which was held from 1980 to
1984.  The series was tied: East 2, West 2, one tie.

4/10/80  East 3, West 3  at St Paul Civic Center
  Coaches: East - Lou Lamoriello, Providence
           West - Bob Johnson, Wisconsin
  MVP: G Doug Randolph, West, St Cloud
3/30/81  East 7, West 4  at Met Center
  Coaches: East - Steve Stirling, Babson
           West - Rick Comley, Northern Michigan
  MVP: F Todd Johnson, East, Boston University
3/29/82  West 6, East 4  at Met Center
  Coaches: East - Bill O'Flaherty, Clarkson
           West - Brad Buetow, Minnesota
  MVP: F Don Fraser, West, Denver
3/28/83  East 4, West 3 (ot)  at Met Center
  Coaches: East - Fern Flaman, Northeastern
           West - Jerry York, Bowling Green
  MVP: G Marc Behrend, West, Wisconsin
3/25/84  West 11, East 7  at Houston Field House (RPI)
  Coaches: East - Pete van Buskirk, Holy Cross
           West - Jerry Welsh, Ohio State
  MVP: F Steve Smith, East, Colgate
       F Paul Pooley, West, Ohio State

It's nice to hear that some DivII-III players will be invited as well.
Some of the DivII-III schools who sent players to the AHCA game are:
Bowdoin, Plattsburgh, St Scholastica, St Thomas, Lowell (when DivII),
Norwich, and St Cloud (when DivIII).  Congratulations to everyone involved
in putting this together.  The only question is, will some of the top
players stick around to play before turning pro which a number of players
do immediately after their season is done.  I hope so.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*