From:
"Brian Cavanaugh @ Koessler Athletics" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Cavanaugh @ Koessler Athletics
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1992 14:59:00 EDT
To All (Greg Wegner):
I received word this morning that Andre Cleghorn is O.K.
He was released from ECMC hospital last night at midnite
after they took extensive X-Rays. Many Canisius people
were also very concerned !! In fact, it was the No. 1
question asked by our supporters after the game ended.

The Buffalo News had a note on the injury in this
mornings paper - we are all thankful that he is
a bit sore and stiff but doing fine.  That report
came from a local nurse who followed up on the
situation for us - she was at the game.

No one in this game at this level likes to
see any injuries.

I'll just give the score - Plattsburgh 4
                           Canisius 3  OT
On a Power Play with 2:53 left in overtime.

I just don't understand how the refs (John Galipeau)
call a penalty at that point in the overtime -
especially after letting a lot of rough play
from both teams go on during the whole 3rd
period.  What consistancy ????

Also, you 've been talking about things being
thrown on the ice. We had 800 fans at this game
and sfter we scored the first goal a couple
tennis balls were thrown on the ice - we (I)
was warned that if it happened again a penalty
would be called.  After our 3rd goal - the next
period - one - I repeat - ONE - tennis ball
was thrown - probably by a fan from who knows
where - guess what - YEP - we got a penalty.
The ref ( Galipeau ) tells me that that one
tennis ball disrupted the game ?????
That penalty - put us down 2 men - because
the goal was shorthanded.  In my OPINION
I see refereeing that is poorly trained
with very little COMMON SENSE and NO FEEL
FOR WHAT'S GOING ON.  If he makes that call
in a packed house in -"WHEREVERVILLE, USA"
on some campus - they would have to escort
him out of the building.

Then to top it - he calls the penalty -
in  OT .

So, any of you want to be a coach someday.

How long do you think I'll mull over this game.

No sour grapes - Plattsburgh is a GREAT team.
In fact coming off their loss to Colgate, they
were very focused and played fast,tough and
determined last night. Coach Emery and Coach Houle
had them very "ready".  To those that saw the Colgate
score - I like to see what the score would be
in Plattsburgh - the margin of the win was probably
due to some momentum of a hungry Colgate team -
not a poor Plattsburgh team.  The Cardinals are
tough (as usual) and do a lot of things well.

Probably the biggest difference between D-III
and D-I is depth and size. D-I teams are
generally big throughout the lineup and
all four lines would be #1 lines on a D-III
squad.  That makes for tough matchups for
a D-III coach. You can't play your only
your best 8 players a whole game.

Enough....I've rambled too long.

Brian Cavanaugh