Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1992 09:34:00 EST
Thanks to Wayne (personal), Joel and Mark for their comments about my
earlier post on this subject.  I'd just like to clear up a few things
about my intentions.

1.  My use of the word despise seems to have drawn the most ire.  Perhaps
this was a bad choice on my part.  What I meant was that we should not
downplay the enjoyment of a healthy or traditional rivalry between schools.
This doesn't necessarily mean that we despise fans of other schools or
that we despise any of the opposing players (although they're actions on
the ice sometimes get under your skin.)  Instead I see nothing wrong with
lending extra support (especially vocal) to your team when facing a rival.
This support should be subtle and intelligent.  No one at the Knick last
year for the NC$$ finals was cheering louder for the Wisconsin "Budweiser"
theme than I.  However, this vocal support SHOULD NOT (EVER!) include:
profanity, "finger waving", or slurs of any kind.  I hope this clears
things up.

2.  I also hope that I made it TOTALLY clear that I am totally opposed
to nasty, rude or otherwise pointless posts on H-L.]\

That's all.  If I don't send any send any other posts this year I wish
everyone on hockey-l...Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!

Eric Hoffman
Cornell '88, SUNY-Albany ??
Let's GO RED!!
"When you say Wisconsin...You've said it all!" (I still like it 9 months later)