From:
Robert Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1992 13:38:59 -0500
Brian Morris mentioned the 1985 NC$$ semi-final game between RPI and
Minnesota-Duluth as one of the most exciting..I'd certainly have to agree.
I simply will never forget, for as long as I live, John Carter's slapshot
from the top of the right-hand face-off circle that somehow found its way in
the net in that 3rd OT. I still pity those UMD fans who had to endure seeing
the season end (in two consecutive years) in triple-OT losses...
('84 to Bowling Green in National Championship game and '85 loss to RPI,
as mentioned above).

As for exciting players, I'll nominate Jean Yves-Roy, Maine; Dallas Drake,
NMU; and Tony Amonte, BU. (But there are many, many more who could be
called 'most exciting.' I think a lot of it depends on how much you enjoy
the game and how long you've been following college hockey.)

..just my $ .02..

--Sid
BU '94