Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1992 15:28:00 EST
  I'll also jump into the fray here.  I agree (so far) with all the
nominees for most exciting players.  My limited experience gives me two
pairs of players who not only were exciting in their own right but
they played in the most exciting game I've ever seen.

The two pairs I'm speaking of:

        1.  Joe Nieuwendyk/Duane Moeser (Cornell-mid 80's)
        2.  Adam Oates/John Carter (RPI glory years)

Personally nobody could change the pace and tempo of a game quicker than
Joe Nieuwendyk.  His end to end rushes combined with an uncanny ability to
deke a defender right out of his strap made any time he touched the puck
exciting.

These two pairs matched up in '84-'85 (RPI's championship season?) for the
best I ever saw at Lynah rink (even though RPI won 6-5 in ot :-().
The game was fast and furious right from the start.  Scoring chances came
left and right and the officials *let them play*.  The 3rd period and
OT were especially dazzling.  You know what though, the goalies for both
teams stole the show at the end of the game.  Darren Puppa (RPI) and
Doug Dadswell (Cornell) were both unconsious in OT.  The Lynah crowd was
in such a frenzy that the prayers to the chant of Dadswell!, Dadswell! were
coming fast and furious.  Unfortunately the game had to end and RPI's
overtime goal put a damper on the evening, but if I ever had the opportunity
to see that game again I'd do it in second :-)!

So how about it, anybody else see the most exciting games ever?  Also,
I'd like to nominate the two goalies mentioned above for the most exciting
players.

Eric Hoffmand
Cornell '88, SUNY-Albany ??
Let's Go Red (the only real Red)
"That's H-A-R with a V, V-A-R with a D, knit one, pearl two,
 Harvard boys, Yoo Hoo (wave handkerchief with limp wrist emphatically)"