From:
Phil Ritzenthaler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 91 10:06:23 -0500
On Dec 30, 10:46am, Wayne Smith wrote:
}    With just over a minute to go, Coach Shawn Walsh sends co-captain Scott
}    Pellerin over to the referee ...  yep, you guessed it ...  measure
}    the stick of Denny Felsner ...  "the legend continues" chuckled the
}    Maine radio announcer.  It was not a legal stick resulting in a 2
}    minute minor (resulting in a Maine power play) and a 10 minute
}    misconduct for Felsner (out for the remainder of the game).
}
}-- End of excerpt from Wayne Smith

SHEEEEEESH!!  That's an old Ron Mason trick he used to pull on Bowling Green
back in the early 80's.  Every time BG played MSU in the final for the CCHA
(well, at least it seemed this way to me), as soon as BG scored a go-ahead
goal, Mason would challange the stick, it usually would be illegal, the
goal would be dis-allowed (that rule has changed since), the tide of the
game would change and MSU would usually win.

Yea, I got tired of seeing:
	-- BG playing with illegal sticks against MSU . . . you'd think
	   SOMEONE would have gotten smart!
	-- MSU using that tactic to win.  I know, it's in the rules, but
	   someone must have gotten tired of it to have the rule changed.

Are there EVER any legal sticks in college hockey?  All of the ones I've ever
seen challenged have been illegal . . .

Flame, if you must, this asbestos covered head . . .

--
Phil Ritzenthaler  The Advanced Computing Center for the Arts & Design (ACCAD)
Systems Manager    The Ohio State University