Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1992 22:21:50 EST
Something of a counterpoint to undeserved assists.  There are also
occasions (frequent) where one guy does all or most of the work,but
gets only an assist (we had a couple cases the two weeks where he didn't
even get an assist, yet did essentially all the work is acquiring the
puck.

I don't know that I'm happy with assists either, but there are some
worse statistics (winning goal comes to mind).

Someone also raised the issue of the cheap goals on power plays as opposed
to even strength goals.  Stats are nice but I believe it is impossible
to capture all the elements of any situation (try building a computer
model);  I continue to be amazed at the ability of the human mind to
receive and process info and make correct judgements in a split second.