From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1992 10:54:03 EST
Sorry for the recent junk on HOCKEY-L: a rogue X.400 mailer daemon
created mail that had an invalid header (once it got to HOCKEY-L).  I
think the problem has been bypassed for now, but more may come through.

On another subject, I really appreciate how everyone has kept HOCKEY-L
postings to the subject of College Hockey this year.  Even with 10-25
new subscribers every week, I think things have gone very well this year
and I congratulate all readers and posters for making HOCKEY-L the
excellent discussion list that it is!

A couple of HOCKEY-L members have suggested that the weekend and early
week be reserved for game reports and standings/ratings/pools, but I
will *not* make that request.  I do request that (in season), periodic
postings such as "where are they now" or other general discussions (and
I like them all!) be posted mid-week in order to even the load.

fyi ...  HOCKEY-L does have a daily threshold of postings that are
distributed;  that threshold is now set at 35.  From time to time, we
will reach that threshold and your posting will be delayed (we reached
it yesterday).  I will normally restart the distributions the following
morning, causing all delayed postings to be distributed.  Please do not
re-post to HOCKEY-L because you don't "see" your posting after the
normal time, as there sometimes may be a day or two delay.  Also, there
is a problem (that I have yet to track down) with *some* members not
getting copies of *some* of their postings.

Yours in College Hockey,
wayne

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]