From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1992 03:47:13 EST
Thanks to all who sent out lots of great stuff this weekend, especially
Charlie Shub for the Merrimack-Air Force details and boxes...I was away
visiting Heather and we were so busy it never even crossed my mind to call
the press box in Colorado Springs either night to get the scores. :-)  (I
did call my sister the next day to get the news from our local paper.)
This is what happens when you are 11 months away from a wedding...

A couple of scores I don't remember seeing in my wading through of 68
messages:

11/27/92 Mercyhurst 4 at Kent 3
11/27/92 LSSU 8 vs York 3 EXH
         Colgate 1 at Toronto 1 (ot)
 (both LSSU & Colgate games from the Duracell Hockey Challenge, its
 apparent correct name...got to hear a little of this game on the radio
 from the Colgate station.  Not sure if the Col-Tor game did go into ot, I
 figure it did but the sparse box score in the Syracuse paper had no ot.)
11/28/92 Union 4 at UMass-Lowell 5
11/28/92 LSSU 3 at Toronto 1 (I think this was posted) EXH
         Colgate 7 vs York 3
 (Colgate's 1st win, sounded like York got pretty chippy when they fell
 behind 5-1.)

HE update to come sometime Monday with all boxes I have, after I get the
Verm-UML final from the paper.  Archive scores files will probably be
updated sometime Monday or Tuesday.  Observant folks will note that all HE
scores have been posted except for Verm-UML, but I will have them all in
one place for you as usual.

BTW, the Holy Cross Tournament that had UConn and HC meeting in the final
and Canisius-Army playing in the consolation (again, I'll wait for the
paper) is officially called the Rev. Hart Memorial Tournament.

Only game on tap between now and Friday is PC-Brown in the annual Mayor's
Cup Game at the Providence Civic Center, Mon night 11/30/92.

I just got back after a 6-hr drive, so I'm sure you'll excuse me if I go
get some sleep now. :-)  Thanks again, everyone!  Oh, one quick question:
can anyone send me directions to Colgate's Starr Rink coming from Syracuse?
Heather and I will be there on 12/11 for Plattsburgh-Colgate.  Thanks...
btw, we will also be at Plattsburgh-Canisius on 12/12 as Merrimack's early
start to the holiday break will allow me to take in a pair of Cardinals
games.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*