From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1992 22:23:07 EST
  Thanks to Erik for the recaps of the MTU Minn series, After driving
     1300+ miles since wed afternoon, and doing a complete circle tour of lake
     Michigan, with stops in Green Bay, Chicago, and Detroit, I can honestly
     say that the only reliable hockey news available is from you great people
     here on Hockey-l!  ;-)

  I have had enough intrest privately from people on the list, that I'm going
  to post the High school football results here, my apologies to non interested
  parties!  I'm cross posting this to bb-l also.

 From the Pontiac Silver dome!   Class DD State final score:
            Lake Linden - Hubbell Lakes  16
                      Sand Creek          3

  The Lakes became the first Upper Peninsula team in 9 years to bring back a
   state title to the U.P.

    The Lakes gave up a field goal (after sand creek had ball on 9 with a first
      down) in the first half, and then came out and dominated the second half,
      allowing Sand Creek only 3 min 26 seconds of possession in the half

    In 3 playoff games against downstate opponents, the Lakes defense allowed
      a total of only 3 points to be scored!

    A 3 mile long parade wound the last 15 miles back to the school tonight
      where the state Championship medals were presented to the team.

  Football is over, now I can concentrate on Hockey again!  After being on the
   road the last 4 weekends with the Lakes, we are trying to figure out
   just what we are going to do next sat afternoon!  My wife has already
   mentioned the dreaded Job list hanging on my refrigerator! ;-)

                               Bob