Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1992 12:40:12 EST
I love arguments like this, basically because everyone wins.  I'm
a Hockey East supporter myself, so I will ignore the scores over
the past week...

BU 4 - Harvard 3  Harvard roars back and BU saved by the bell...

Maine 3 - Yale 1  "Powerhouse" Maine with "Hobey Baker Candidate"
Kariya (thanks Keith and Mike ?!?!?) needs an empty netter to
get by an intelligent Yale team...

SLU 6 - BC 6 (OT) no details, but no winner either

Princeton 3 - BU 2  The same BU team that gave Maine all kinds of
trouble last week... Maybe Princeton should also be ranked?

Seriously though,...
One of the reasons I post this is because of a discussion between
Joe Carr and HE Commissioner Stu Haskell on WABI during a game
intermission the other day.  One of the reasons Haskell gave
for the "pullout" of the ECAC from Hockeyfest in Boston was the
perception that HE "overshadowed" the ECAC during the games.  I
would tend to agree (not that HE is stronger, but that the impression
was given because of (1) the overwhelming local HE fan support
from UNH and Maine, (2) the frenetic pace of the Maine/UNH final,
and (3) the ECAC final preceeding the HE final).  Any thoughts?

Actually, in watching trends closely over the past few years I've
gotten the sense that we're closer than ever to College Hockey parity.
This was pointed out to me the other night by a fellow hockey-l'er
(Ed Ferguson - [log in to unmask]), and makes loads of
sense.

Go (Maine) Blue
Larry Latour