From:
Keith Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1992 13:51:50 EST
Next to the home defeat of RPI in '88, the game Saturday night against
UVM was the best that I have seen Union play. Given the fact that Union
had some losses of personel over last weekend, I settled into my seat
for what I thought was going to be another drubbing by a superior ECAC
opponent. Boy, was I ever wrong! What made the victory possible by the
Dutchman was twofold: great goaltending and good fundementals.

   It seemed that there was always a Vermont player down on the ice, a
direct result of aggressive checking. The Union defense were very careful with
the puck in their own end. Almost every action was "thought out" before
it was executed. I have never seen Union play with this much intensity
and disipline before. And the hustle...Union played 60 minutes of hockey
instead of the 40 minutes they usually play.

   All in all, it was a great night; one to remember. I hope this is a wakeup
call to Clarkson and St. Lawrence, who happen to be Union's next ECAC
opponents. I look forward to those contests on December 4th and 5th.
For now, I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Let's go U! Keith.
--
= [log in to unmask] (UNIX)     [log in to unmask] (Internet)=
=      "Beef"        [log in to unmask] (BITNET)   "Beef"           =