From:
"Dr. Stephen Roth @ Student Services" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dr. Stephen Roth @ Student Services
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1992 20:19:00 EDT
   Canisius ran its record to 8-0 with a 7-2 win over visiting St. Bonaventure
on Saturday.  The Ice Griffs didn't waste any time on this one:  they scored
the first goal 9 seconds into the game, and scored two more before 5 minutes
had elapsed.  Freshman Mike (I hope that's his first name) Lozano got the hat
trick and an assist, and Mike Messina popped in two goals.  Single goals by
Andre Bourgeault and Tony Zeniuk.  The Bonnies fall to 1-7.  Canisius is now
all alone in first place in the ECAC/West...the only undefeated team.

  The next few weeks we'll see if the Griffins are good, REAL good, or
TERRIFIC.  They travel to Holy Cross for a tournament, opening against HC on
Friday, then playing either UConn or Army the following nite.  A week from
Saturday they host RIT, and the week after that they host Plattsburgh.

Dr. Stephen E. Roth                                 BITNET:   ROTH@CANISIUS
Dean of Student Services
Canisius College                                     PHONE:  (716) 888-2522
Buffalo, New York 14208                                FAX:  (716) 888-2525