From:
"Bob Gilreath" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1992 13:35:59 EST
Having just completed the 100 mile ride back from marquette after a MEGA sports
 weekend. (hocky friday night, 3 high school football games in the superior dom
e (yes erik we won 37-0!) and a hockey game at marquette last night, followed
  by just a few too many glasses of win after the game, I'll post sat score
   before I take a looooong NAP! ;-)

    After being bitten by the friday the 13th bug friday night in houghton
     (steve already summarized the game) The Huskies decided to sleep another
      5 minutes into the first period last night, and found themselves down
      2-0 after 1.  Sorry I dont have the goal scorers or stats right no

     From the seats we had, I was lucky to see 1/3 of the game as it was.
     Steve don't northern fans stay in there seats more than 2 min at a time
     ;-)   That and sitting infront of our BAND, who without instruments (they
     arn't allowed to come as a band to lakeview) made twice the noise without
    them.  (steve will probably fill you in on them also, yes steve i have a
    headache also! ;-) )

    Tech came out of its sleep in the second period, scoring 3 unanswered goals
   to take a 3-2 lead into the locker room after 2. Northern tied the score
   midway into the 3rd, but tech scored about a minute later  for a final of
   4-3.  Northern pulled the goalie at the end and end to end action, failed to
   produce a goal for either team.

   We missed connections with Steve and his wife after the game, but we will
    try again next time we get to town. All in all it was a good weekend
     getting together with Hockey-l members for some fine college Hockey.
      Hope you had a good trip back to the big apple Cathy, and see you next
      trip! ;-)

                                     Bob