From:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 1992 15:53:05 -0500
Results from this weekend's Ohio University Tournament in Athens, Ohio:

Friday, Nov. 6:  PENN STATE 6, Buffalo St. 2
	 	 Ohio University 19, Purdue 2

Saturday, Nov. 7:  Consolation:  Buffalo St. 23, Purdue 0
		   Championship:  PENN STATE 7, Ohio Univ. 2

The Penn State Icers avenged their loss to the Ohio U. Bobcats in last year's
Nittany Lion Invitational by defeating the Bobcats in the Championship game of
the Ohio U. Tournament.  From what I heard on the radio,. Friday night's game
was fairly fast-paced, while Saturday's was a more, er, "physical" game than
Friday's (matching misconducts late in the second period).

Score by periods:

Friday:			1	2	3	T
	Buffalo St.	1	0	1	2
	PENN STATE	0	4	2	6

	(Hat Trick, Brad Russell (PSU))

Saturday:		1	2	3	T
	PENN STATE	4	2	1	7
	Ohio U.		2	0	0	2

(More details to follow if I can get them).

The Icers are now 5-0-0, and have outscored their opponents 46-6.  Penn State
opens up its first-ever Atlantic Collegiate Hockey League regular season
against West Chester (PA) on Friday at 9 PM, and Delaware on Saturday at 3:30.
Both games are at the Penn State Ice Pavilion.  I'll definitely have a more
complete report on those.

At least one of my teams is still undefeated (after Clarkson's loss to Lowell
last night :^(   ).

Jeremy Hall
Clarkson '91
Penn State '??