Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1992 12:37:00 -0500
Just a few comments to add to John's...

I only saw Michigan's tie to Western Friday night...Thankfully I was
still traveling home from Purdue University when Friday's massacre
occurred.  It was a bad weekend for Michigan sports...

On Friday, I was under the understanding that Michigan received a 2:00
Delay of Game penalty (at 0:00 of the First) because they were not on
the ice at game time.  I guess this was just a sign of things to come.

Michigan played well the first period, but as was the problem last year,
we did not play 60 minutes (or 65 in this case) of hockey.  With one of
the best offenses in the country, I was disappointed to see that we let
Western force us into dump-and-chase hockey all night.  With an offense
as explosive as Michigan's, there is no reason we shouldn't be able
to carry the puck into the offensize zone against any team.

I've noticed that for the past two years, the Michigan team always seems
to come out flat on Friday nights.  Whatever Red Bereson is doing--
either practicing too hard or too easy on Friday--he needs to come up
with some method to make his team come out ready to play on Friday
night.

Two Pluses out of this:  Maybe now the Wolverines will REALLY understand
that being ranked number 1 doesn't mean you can sit on your rear-end and
expect things to happen.  Hopefully they will come out to play EVERY
game now.  Second, the hit of year was witnessed Friday Night as Cam
"Mad Dog" Stewart sent an advancing Western player (not exaggerating
here) 3 feet into the air and 3 feet backwards with a leveling check...
Way to go Mad Dog!

And, to give credit where credit is due...The Broncos played a great
set of two games.  While somewhat young and inexperienced, there tough
physical style of play will be a tough match for any team in division I.

This coming weekend's Michigan-LSSU matchup should be really exciting!
So Let's Go Blue!
Roger L. Spurgeon		[log in to unmask]	|_  \	 /  _|
Michigan Engineering `94				 | \ \	/ | |
MICHIGAN WOLVERING HOCKEY  --  1991/2 CCHA CHAMPIONS!	_| | \  / | |_
DETROIT RED WINGS -- 1991/2 NORRIS DIVSION CHAMPIONS!	|__|  \/  |__|