From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1992 00:08:58 EDT
>    It is my understanding that all Hockey East games last year tried two exten
>ed periods instead of the normal three.  I believe it was going to be two
>twenty-five minute periods.  If it is true, I would like to know how it went.
>What was the ice like in those last five minutes and more important, what were
>the players like.  Thanks

The proposal in HE to play two 25-min periods did not pass prior to the
1991-92 season, and last year HE played the normal 3 20-min periods.  There
were serious concerns that the change in format would hinder teams when it
came to NC$$ selections.  I doubt it will ever happen unless all of the NC$$
agrees to try such an experiment.

On your Justin/Mike McHugh question, Mike is from Maine, not Minnesota, so
although they could be related as cousins or something, it is probably not
the case.  McHugh is not that uncommon of a last name.

Hockeyu East media day is next Wed, Oct 14th, and after that I hope to be
able to put together team rosters again for this season and mail them out.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   mikem@{beanpot,bubba}.ma30.bull.com
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)