From:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1992 09:55:12 EDT

> A note buried in todays Sun may be of interest to some people.  The Hartford
> Whalers have acquired Corrie D'Alessio (Cornell '91) and a draft pick from
> Vancouver for Kay Whitmore, who was with the Whalers, not the farm team, last
> year.  Maybe Corrie is catching somones eye, as the trade would seem unbalanc
ed
> if he were not doing well.  (But then whith the Whale, who knows?)

A friend of mine in Vancouver told me that the Canucks were high on D'Alessio,
but with McClean already in town, it was going to be hard for him to get
playing time.  The trade gives the Whale a good prospect and a draft choice and
it gives the Canucks a solid second goaltender.  It is just like the Whale to
trade away what little talent they have however.  Once they develop Corrie,
they will probably trade him too.

--Dave Smith