Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1992 12:04:46 PDT
> Can't add any other Div. III players to the NHL list, but should note
>Chris' list has one error:  Joel Otto was not Div. III.  Bemidji was a Div. II
>team when he played there, and he was on scholarship.

You are correct. I was using a loose definition of division III which really
meant "non-division I".

However, I didn't know that division II schools at the time offered
scholarships. I'm pretty sure that RIT never did, which makes their '83
division II championship even more amazing. For those who don't know, RIT was
the 8th and final seed that year, but beat #1 seed and umteen defending champ
Lowell  (arguably one of the major upsets in the history of college hockey) and
went on to defeat Bemidji for the national championship. Brian Mason was the
coach that year. Anybody know what happened to him after leaving Dartmouth?

Chris

PS What's the story on Cansisus this year? It seems like they were building a
competitive program in the late 80's - they even made the Alaska trip if I
remember correctly. But they've had some real disappointing seasons lately.