From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1992 10:01:47 -0500
Carol posted:

> From the Minnesota Daily this morning:

[stuff deleted]

> Vulcans veterans Mike McAlpine (South St Paul), Jim Hillman (Blaine), Dave
> Larson (South St Paul), and Dan Woog (South St Paul) fill out the rookie
> platoon.
>
> Mike McAlpine, is a cousin of veteran defenseman Chris McAlpine and Dan Woog i
>  Head coach Doug Woog's youngest son.
>
> -Carol.

I read in the Mpls paper (I think in Sid Hartman's column) that the WCHA is
questioning whether Mike McAlpine will have 4 years of eligibility or only 3,
but I didn't hear why.

I also read a quote from Doug Woog in the St. Paul paper, about why his son,
who is a walk-on with the team, didn't get a scolarship, "He didn't know the
right people."

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!