Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1992 07:44:53 PDT
> Also, Harvard ('91) grad Peter Ciavaglia burned up the AHL as he led
>all rookies in scoring with 91 points. In fact, he just barely lost
>out for rookie of the year to Felix Potvin. He has a decent shot at
>being in Buffalo this season

The word here in Rochester is that Peter will probably start the season playing
here, although IMHO he's ready for the NHL. Peter was the Amerks #1 offensive
threat last season, and as a rookie, adapted very quickly to the AHL grind.

On the subject of college players in the NHL, a friend and I were recently
brainstorming former divsion III players who beat the odds and made it to the
NHL. We could name:

	Joel Otto (Bemidji State) - Calgary
	Guy Hebert (Hamilton) - St. Louis
	Todd Kreiger (UConn) - Hartford (I think was was recently traded)
	???? (Wisconsin-Stevens Point) - Boston

Can the divsion III fans out there name any others?

As an RIT fan, Todd Kreiger was very well know to me - he was recruited by
Bruce Delventhal at RIT and actually started his freshman year there, but left
before the season started. He went on to become the most prolific scorer in
ECAC East History, and once scored 6 goals against RIT in a single game. He has
had two brothers follow in his footsteps at UConn, and both have had
exceptional careers - too bad he didn't like RIT, maybe the whole family would
have played there instead ;)

Lastly, former RIT Tiger Bill Gall is  in the Rochester Amerks camp, and picked
up an assist in his first exibition game.

Chris