Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1992 13:18:13 EDT
  I am staring to get tired of all the comments about the nationality of the
players on teams.  I do not see what the big deal is if a kid was born in say
Niagra Falls NY vs. Niagra Falls ONT.  Who cares?  All that matters is that he
is a student who wants to play a sport.  Thesee attacks hit a bit close to home
 due to Cornell's numerous Ontario natives, not to mention our ECAC friends at
SLU and Clarkson.  Remeber though, all three of these schools are within a
short (less than 4 hours) drive of many of the homes of these Canadian players,
which is probably no different from those western schools which are located
about the same driving time from most of their student/athletes homes, the
difference being that the drive out west remains in the States.  The reason
my ire was sparked is the post about recruiting, and the swipe at the Canadian
students.  Obviously the idea of abandoning scholarships is interesting, but
being at a place where we do not grant them anyways, I can not fairly comment.
 But the other part about limiting recriuting visits would not be good for
college hockey as a whole.  It would treat college athletes separately from
other students, who can be sought by admissions offices.  Just a little fuel
for the fire,

 William Sangrey
 Cornell '87&'93?
 Let's Go RED!!!