From:
"(Keith Instone)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Keith Instone)
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1992 10:48:45 EDT
I did a quick preview of the BG Falcons for John H. Might as well
share it with everyone.

>  - 1992-93 Captains and Alternates

Captain is Ty Eigner, senior right wing. No alternates were listed.

>  - 1992-93 key first year players and anything you know about them
>(position, 1991-92 team, ht, wt, comparison to known player, etc.)

Oh, boy, there are a lot! 11! 1g, 1d, 9 forwards. I'll try to find 1 thing
of interest per.

Goalie Aaron Ellis was an 11th round pick by Quebec in June.
Def. Chad Ackerman is from Rochester, MI.
Forwards:
 Jason Clark had 80 pts in 47 gms last year.
 Jeff Herman had 122 pts.
 Craig Mittleholt.
 Mike Hall had 108 pts and 10 pen minutes.
 Mark Lindsay had 91 PIM, most of the new guys. Also, 41 g in 48 gms.
 Kevin Lune is 6-3, 215.
 Jeremy Stier is from Apple Valley, MN, just like Eigner.
 Jamie Williams had 53 pts in 34 gms last year.
 Jason Helbing is the lone right wing.

>  - Players not returning for 1992-93 (other than those that ran out
>of eligiblity) and the reason they won't be back (i.e. Bales turning
>pro)

Plageman, Jiranek, Bylsma, Holmes, Ncwana & Solly "graduated", for the record.
Brimanis & Klee went "pro," both with he Caps organization. Brimanis
signed a VERY minor league contract, I think.

>  - Any other tidbit of info that you think I'd find useful

4 goalies, 3 returning. 7 def, 6 returning. *6* returning lettermen
at forward, with only 3 worth mentioning: Harkins (8-39), Holzinger
(14-8) and Pronger (9-7). 60% of BG's goals are gone, 55% of the scoring.

Not good, considering the Falcons finished NINTH last season. The keys
early in the season will be defense & goaltending until the frosh scoring
comes around. The freshman will have a chance to make an immediate
impact; their success will determine the season.