Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1992 17:33:45 EDT
As to the "Detroit Disaster", I think the Regional format had more to do with
 that
than the fact it was Detroit.  The teams that go there will have a lot of
effect.   Mich State went east - I know that cost them attendance; and Mich
had a hot BB team that was traveling elsewhere.  Whether a Regional would
fare any better elsewhere I don't know - again I expect it would have more
to do with participants than location.  How would MPLS fare if both Minn
and Wis went east for their Regional.

  I'm not trying to defend Detroit; mostly I'm critical of off-campus sites.