From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1992 15:38:47 EDT
Just looked at a pamphlet we got at our last hockey boosters meeting, entitled
"NCAA and Ivy League Recruiting Rules Summary for Alumni", which briefly
outlined what boosters could and could not do (mostly the latter).  Under
Frequently Asked Questions, there was the following:

     Q: May I attend a high school game?

     A: It is permissible for you to attend a high school game.

(The question was actually a two-parter, with the second part asking about
talking to a prospect's parents -- a no-no "for the purposes of recruiting
the prospect."  Still, it's nice to know that the NC$$ isn't policing high
school games... at least, not yet.)
--
Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and probably '94