Jon Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1992 14:03:03 EDT
Pam writes:

> Oh come on, people!  Doesn't just about every Div I school have a skating
> mascot?  I think it's just that most of them don't travel much, so we seldom
> see any other than our own.  Here we only see Goldy Gopher, with an occasional
> appearance by Louie the Loon (Duluth).  I don't recall even seeing Bucky
> Badger here.

I don't think a lot of the mascots perform at all home games either...
....I've been to games at Brown, Providence, Lowell, Merrimack,
Harvard and several other schools without having seen a mascot.  This
despite the fact that almost all of the mascots have been described in

Goldy Gopher?  So much for the days of fierce, fighting mascots....Goldy
Gopher sounds like a Disney character.  "This week substituting for Alvin
and the Chipmunks............"  I guess if your team is good enough you
can get away with a friendlier image.

Jon Greene
Data General, Westboro, MA