From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1992 12:48:21 CDT
Oh come on, people!  Doesn't just about every Div I school have a skating
mascot?  I think it's just that most of them don't travel much, so we seldom
see any other than our own.  Here we only see Goldy Gopher, with an occasional
appearance by Louie the Loon (Duluth).  I don't recall even seeing Bucky
Badger here.

And we've been through the skating cheerleaders issue before, too.  The
Minnesota schools all have them (Minn, St. Cloud, and Duluth, I suspect
Mankato, too, since lots of Minn Div III schools and almost all Minnesota
high schools have them.)  Also, North Dakota has skating cheerleaders, here
in the WCHA.

Then there's the skating band and Brown.  I'll leave any further mention of
that to eastern posters who've seen them!

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!