Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1992 08:38:25 -0400
Jon Greene asked:

> What other schools have skating mascots?  Cornell has the bear (Dave
> informs me that it has evolved to a male bear and a female bear), RPI
> has the Swarm...how about a Michigan Wolverine, Minnesota Gopher,
> Wisconsin Badger, Maine Black Bear, Ohio State Buckeye (that would
> certainly be different), etc.?

I'm not sure about recent years, but Brown University had a skating
bear, "Butch Bruno" (more commonly known as "Bruno"), from the late
'70s and at least through the mid '80s.  [Side note of only minor
interest:  the first skating Bruno (to my knowledge) was a guy who's
last name really was Bruno.]

Dartmouth used to have indians up to the early '80s (stopped after some
sort of stupid incident that I only vaguely recall).

I think that I've also seen skating mascots at NU and Yale, but they
were not regulars and my memory is a bit foggy.

--
	- Stevie Wonder
	  Brown '82    GO BRUINS!!!

Steve Allen-Shinn	[log in to unmask]