From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1992 15:58:04 CDT
Jim Teresco mentioned the "Dayton Rule" to prevent Dayton, a Div I school
from playing Div III football.  The "Dayton Rule" is, I believe, effective
for all sports (and the reason, here in Minnesota, that Bemidji St., a Div II
school, will no longer be allowed to play Div III hockey) and just goes into
effect this year.  Dayton was still playing in the Div III playoffs last year.
I believe they were the runners up.  (I remember this because they eliminated
one of the local small colleges, St. John's, in the semi-finals.)

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!