Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1992 08:05:48 EDT
My $.02 on the Canisius situation...

I was under the impression that Canisius, and all other teams in the
ECAC East-West (East-West-SUNY) and ECAC North-South were Division III.
They are all listed (media guides, etc.) as Div. I -- but seem to compete
for the Div. III title.  Isn't Plattsburgh State in the same conference
as Canisius (the ECAC West)?  If so, why is P State eligible to compete
for the Div. III title but Canisius is not?  (Possibly an irrelevant
point as Canisius seems to have struggled for the last decade or so :-)
Anyhow, it seems that there are 50 or so ECAC teams that are Div. I in
spirit, but Div. III for all practical purposes.

Someone please help this CCHA fool who lives in the land of Div. I or
club.

John H