From:
Terry Rosenbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry Rosenbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1992 14:07:21 EDT
From the Sunday 8/23/92 Lansing (Michigan) State Journal:

Former Spartan player and assistant coach, and recent MTU head coach
Newell Brown has resigned. Newell has accepted the head coaching job with
the Adirondack Red Wings (AHL). The Adirondack Red Wings is the Detroit Red
Wings' top farm club.

Newell said that "it was a very difficult decision", "Michigan Tech is just
a great place to be", but that "my ultimate goal, however, is to be a head
coach in the NHL some day and I felt that this opportunity was too good to
pass up".

Looks like the Huskies will need to find a new head coach quickly.