From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1992 08:44:05 EDT
BGSU (CS) grad Paul M says:
>Article in today's Dayton Daily News stated that BG defenseman Ken Klee
>has signed a contract with Washington.
>
>Ken had been a member of TeamUSA last fall before injuring his knee in
>either Sept. or Oct. Ken saw some action at BG in March.
>
>I believe this is a surprise to BG and it's fans as I had not seen or
>heard any indications that Ken would sign this season.
>
>Keith, what's the word at BG?

No surprise to anyone in BG. We have been hearing this rumor for
almost 5 months. It first appeared in print back in March when
Martin Jiranek signed with an NHL minor league team. Every month
the terms of the deal seemd to become clearer. A local radio guy
even called Ken's dad in Missouri. Dad said they were definitely not
doing anything that would jepordize Ken's NCAA eligibility, but he
would not deny that the two sides had been negotiating.

Junior Aris Brimanis has already left the team. There may in fact
be even more players leaving. The Falcons may have 4 goalies and
no one else on the team by the time the season starts! It could be
another long year for Falcon fans.

Keith