From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1992 16:22:19 EDT
I didn't see any of the RPI fans mention this, so here it is.  Chris Richard,
goalie from my alma mater HS, Central Catholic in Lawrence, Mass., will be
entering RPI this fall and trying to make the team as a walk-on, I believe.
Richard backstopped CCHS to a couple of upsets in the state Div1 tournament
back in March and lost a tough 3-2 decision in the semifinals - the farthest
CCHS has ever gone in the Mass. state tourney.  He'll have his work cut out
for him at RPI, but having seen him several times last season, he looks like
he could have a shot at making the team and earning a little playing time
behind Little.  Great reflexes, decent size.

Richard is not the first CCHS goalie to head to Troy, as my friend and
former roommate Steve Duncan also stood ably between the pipes for the
Engineers from 1985-90, although Dunc was recruited back then by Mike Addesa
while Richard will attempt to make the team under Buddy.

Also, another friend of mine, Mike Jankowski (also from CCHS), who played for
two years at Northeastern including 1987-88 when the Hounds won Hockey East
and the Beanpot, left today for Europe where he will play in either Germany or
the Netherlands following a tryout and negotiation.  Best of luck to one of
our ushers.

- mike