From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1992 13:55:50 CDT
From Sunday's Star-Tribune (Mpls):

The Gophers hockey team already has two players committed for next year.
Forward John Hillman of Blaine agreed to accept an offer to attend Minnesota
in the fall of 1993, joining Richfield's Dan Hendrickson, who committed
several weeks ago.

Hillman, who helped lead Blaine to last year's state tournament, and
Hendrickson are regarded by some as the best returning high school prospects
fo the 1992-93 season, but both plan to play for the St. Paul Vulcans junior
team of the USHL.

(end of item from paper)

Although I've said before that I find this loss of the top high school talent
to the USHL a little disturbing, it's understandable, from the players'
viewpoint.
I think they're over-stating their case somewhat, though.  I gather that the
highest- regarded player in the state is probably an incoming junior
defenseman at Hill-Murray HS.  If HE should decide to play juniors instead
of playing at Hill-Murray for his senior year I wouldn't mind at all!
(Hill-Murray is my HS's long-hated rival.  :-) )

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!