Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1992 20:05:50 EDT
Hello to all!  I just got off the plane from Boston and swung by my office
to check my messages.

Boston: Overall, everthing was OK.  I'm not sure that I could get used to
the food...yuck!  I had the pleasure of meeting Hockey-L's Robin Lock at
the conference I was attending, although I missed David Ruppert.  Much more
exciting than the statistical conference was my visit to Merrimack.  I
spent plenty of time with coach Ron Anderson and others involved with the
program.  I also saw Matthews Arena (Northeastern) twice, but it was closed
both times so I only viewed the outside (oh well).

Tretiak: Yes, he has written a book, appropriately titled "Tretiak".  I
have it at home.  I haven't read it recently, but the first time I did I
wasn't all that impressed.

Laura (UD): Welcome.  As you'll see, there are plenty of WCHA fans on the
list.  I follow the WCHA from a distance (Ann Arbor)...mostly to cheer for
Minnesota and flame Wisconsin.  Regarding you comment on the current status
of the NHL, I have to disagree.  Over time, I'm talking from the turn of the
century to the 1990s, professional hockey has seen a decrease in fighting,
both in volume and intensity, both on the ice and in the stands.  I consider
myself to be obnoxious, but I'm sure that I'm calm compared to the average
fan of the 1930s-1940s.  Look back at the Richard Riots!

John H
Happy to be home!
Have a great weekend, I'll be back at my desk on Monday.  GO BLUE!