Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1992 23:31:48 EDT
Even though I know it is against the general principles to refer to that other
winter sport (the orange ball one), I can think of an analogy to the Thursday
game the WCHA is going to add.  When the Big East had nine members in the their
conference, the had a single preliminary game with the 8 and 9 teams on the
first evening of play, then the winner played the last game the next night
against the #1 team.  This structure existed until Miami joined the conference
to give them two first round games (10vs7 and 9vs8).  It will be interesting to
 compare the effect of format of the two 10-team post season tournements next
March, to see if either favors an upset.  I would say, however, that by putting
 UAA as #10, the #2 seed in the WCHA looks a whole lot nicer than #1, but #1
will have that Cup that Carol and Pam have written about, (and I imagine most
of the teams would not mind that trade).
   (See even us easterners can talk about general college hockey.  Although
judging from that sentence and the one in Bill's last post, we need some help
with grammer).

 William Sangrey
 Cornell '87 & '9?
 Let's Go RED!!!