Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1992 12:41:09 PDT
David Parter says, with regard to the WCHA:

"Playoffs:
	As recently reported, the playoffs will have 10 teams this
	season. In the first round, 1 plays 10, 2 plays 9, etc, in a
	best-of-three series at the higher ranked team.  For the second
	round, the teams a re-seeded, and 1 plays 5 (on either
	wednesday or thursday, I don't remember), then the usual 1-4
	and 2-3 matchups in single-elimination games at the St. Paul
	Civic Center. I hope I got this right (and I'm sure someone
	will correct me if i have it wrong)."

i don't remember what i did see, but it seems like it'd make more sense to have
a 4-5 matchup (as opposed to 1-5) in the 2d round to shrink the pool from five
to four teams.  With a 1-5 match, the #2 team has an easier trip to the
division final four than #1 (they'd only have to beat the #9 team, as opposed
to beating #10 and #5, and all us RPI fans know that #1 beating #10 is not a
given.  :)  )

Ross
********
Go Engineers!
Joust down them Knights!
Martyr the Saints!
Cremate the Crimson!
Butcher the Bruins!
Chew up the Big Red!
Frustrate the Big Green!
Tie up the Tigers!
Cage the Catamounts!
Rough up the Raiders!
Lobotomize the Elis!
and string them Dutchmen up by their silly wooden shoes!
********